The Blyth 17m Workcat is the new flagship, and builds on the considerable experience and proven success of the Company gained over the last 23 years.
The existing range of 10m, 11m, 12m and 14m Blyth Workcats has given excellent service in a wide variety of uses and environments.
The 17m Blyth Workcat is built in single piece mould to ensure exceptional strength and laminate reliability.
Blyth’s specialist composite construction is state-of-the-art and guarantees maximum quality control.
All Blyth 17m workcats benefit from construction specifications, layup, scantlings and engineering details approval by MECAL or other Certification Authorities.
All Blyth 17m workcats enjoy a complete audit history of essential criteria and come with a detailed technical file.
Blyth Workcats Ltd works in association with Dr. John Bate of JB Marine Consultancy to achieve approval of Standards Authorities such as MCA, Seafish, Irish Transport Department and (most recently) the Belgium Maritime Inspectorate.
Blyth 17m Workcat performance offers legendary Blyth safety, stability, speed and seaworthiness. Blyth’s catamaran hulls have low drag so fuel economy is superior to that of similar sized monohulls at similar speeds. Maneuverability, both at low and high speed and in deep or shallow water, is also exceptional.
The Blyth 17m has been developed with choice in mind and includes tooling provision for either conventional shaft drive or water jet options.
With twin MAN D2848 750hp (551kw) at 2100 rpm driving through high specification Clements Engineering shafts and stern gear.
Achievable sprint speeds:
Optimum cruising speed:
900 gallons (4091 litres)
Fresh water tank:
75 gallons (340 litres)
Minimum 3 tonnes
Aft deck capability:
Excellent cargo transfer potential
Tie down deck plates
LOA (inc. fender):
6.3 / 6.4m
Full specification navigation and electronic equipment including: Networked dual radar and chart plotter package, 15″ VGA glass screens interfaced to auto pilot, 2 x DSC VHF Radio’s (with deck hailers) and independent GPS sources 1 x Wind Instrument, 1 x Echo sounder, “Crew Finder” (Sea Marshall), Autopilot, Class ‘A’ AIS transceiver, complete package specified and installed to individual customer requirements.
· Safety seating (with foot rests and under seat storage) for a full complement of 12 engineers plus helm and crew.
· The full forward deck version provides excellent forward access, full guardrail protection and ample storage facilities for equipment.
· Efficient and safe engineer transfer via bespoke, tried-and-tested, turbine docking fabrication.
· Full deck also offers a well appointed galley, storage lockers and crew berths.
· On deck facilities include doors in each bulwark, large toilet with shower, wet room for crew changing and saloon seating with table.
· Deck crane options include Bonfiglioli P5000L (730kg at 6m), deck cargo tie down points, watertight deck lockers and main engine hatch auxiliary hatches for routine maintenance.
· Equipment includes choice of generator, capstan, CCTV, fire alarm, warm air heating and deck lighting for night work.
Please login using your existing account
When you've finished you'll have the option to create a password which will allow you to save your details and make your future purchases even faster.