Listing ID - 794365
|Description||NEW BUILD - 15m Fast Interceptor|
|Date Launched||Built to Order|
|Beam||3.78m (12ft 4in)|
|Draft||0.726m (2ft 4in)|
|Location||ex factory, China|
+64 21 61 222 5
|View As PDF|
This KINGTOUGH 15M Fast Interceptor Boat is designed as a multi-functional platform with armor and equipment capacity to perform Special Operation Forces in an extremely shallow riverine, coastal, inshore and offshore environment to focus on operating missions/purposes.
This is a 15M ballistic composite vessel which will be arranged as a fast interceptor/patrol/SAR craft to use in coastal waters with armor and equipment capacities to focus on below Special Forces Operations:
a. Anti-piracy, anti- smuggling and anti-drug trafficking operations.
b. Fishery protection in and around ports and coastal lines.
c. Disaster Relief and Search & Rescue operations.
d. Patrol in coastal and inshore areas.
f. Short range assault battles.
g. Locating, tracking and interdicting operations.
h. Oil field security and protection.
• Length (Overall): 14.97 m
• Length (LWL): 11.97 m
• Beam (Overall): 3.78 m
• Displacement: 12.55 tonnes (estimated Lightship weight subject to final design)
• Displacement: 14.50 tonnes (estimated Full load weight subject to final design)
• Draft at full load (DWL):0.726 m
• Draft at half load: 0.670 m
• Engines: 2 x Scania DI16 077M – 888 bhp at 2300 rpm.
• Accumulated total service time: max. 2000 h/year.
• Propulsion: Hamilton Waterjets – HJ364-5° OR MJP Waterjet
• Max Speed: 47.0 knots @ maximum rated engine output, at full load displ.
• Cruise Speed: 26.0 knots @ approx. 50% max. rated engine output, at full load displ.
• Minimum range: 210 NM at 26.0 knts, at half load Displ.
• Fuel capacity: 1300 lt
• Fresh water capacity: 300 lt
• Black water capacity: 100 lt
• Crew: 4
• Construction: FRP to be 3D infused using on-line technology
• Survey: RINA, notated as PC X Hull 1 Mach, patrol, inshore navigation
• Designed life span: 10 years
The vessel is designed by New Zealand specialised naval boat designer Bakewell White Yacht Design Limited, with layout shown as per the GA drawings.
The hull form is well proven and will be single-chined, deep vee & slightly variable deadrise form, with a fine forward entry, effectively-working spray/lifting strakes, wide chine flats and optimized planing flats.
Based on optimised position of longitudinal center of gravity and longitudinal center of buoyancy, the vessel will only need 2.5-3.5 deg of extremely small bow-trim angle to reach the best planing condition, securing the designed fine forward entry of 31 degrees to always get in contact with head seas to effectively cut through waves even when the vessel is already travelling at high speed, offering very little hull slamming and actualizing a smooth, flat ride.
The featured variable deadrise high performance hull form makes the hull bottom flattened from midship to stern transom, to ensure a smooth ride in tough head seas. Furthermore, the full keel and the immersed wide chine flats will give best literal grip to the water, thus preventing the hull from rolling and actualizing an extremely stable platform no matter in static condition or dynamic condition.
The down-angle single chine, incorporated with deep vee hull and optimised lifting/spray strakes, will give excellent additional grip to the water, offering superior dynamic stability and creating best sea-keeping abilities in tough following seas and side waves. Another highlight is, an excellent capability to grip the water also means that the vessel will be having very little drift even when facing side strong wind/wave, avoiding possibility to lose control of the vessel and creating extremely safe operations.
The cutting-edge design elements in the featured hull form will give excellent capability to maintain a max. speed of more than 40 knots even in the event of sea condition 4 and facing a strong breaking force caused by Beaufort wind scale 7.
The vessel is designed to accelerate from 0 knot to 47 knots max. speed within 12 seconds and to decessalate from 47 knots max. speed to fully stop within 5 seconds which is around 1-2 boat lengths.
The vessel is designed to offer best maneuverability for easiest and safest operations in large trim angle, large lateral inclining angle, sudden 360 deg. full turn, sudden stop and sudden astern, etc., with some maneuvering features:
• Smallest extremely sharp turning diameter at max. directional speed to be actualized within 8 boat lengths.
• Max. blind area for the pilot in the enclosed console center to be less than 1.35 boat lengths when the vessel is at static situation.
• Max. blind area for the pilot in the enclosed console center to be less than 1.8 boat lengths when the vessel is travelling at 47 knots max. speed.
The structure is to be FRP sandwich constructed with additional Carbon reinforcement in highly loaded areas for the worst case loading scenario of either:
1. The vessel at full load at 47 knots in Beaufort force 3 sea conditions (Max. 1.0m Significant Wave height).
2. The vessels at full load at 26 knots cruise speed in Beaufort force 4 sea conditions (Max. 1.0m Significant Wave height).
Four Germany CLEEMANN hydraulically dampened helm seats covered in commercial grade leather will be supplied and fitted. All seats will be fitted with a four point harness. The helm seat will be mounted with a four point harness and slide mechanism to have been certified by GL and tested and approved by Germany Navy as protection equipment to offer reliable stability and weight adjustment. The helm seat is fitted with a stable torsion bar suspension system which provides maximum protection from harmful vibrations to the operator combined with outstanding stability and a long, reliable service life. Individual adjustment of the suspension system to the operator’s weight is from 60-130 kg.
The wheelhouse interior will be faired and painted. Besides, bulletproof panels are offered as option to be fitted to the inside of the laminate, utilising a suitable mounting system to allow removal if necessary.
The galley is an ‘L’ shaped bench with stowage above and below, constructed from Ayres laminate-faced panels (or equal). Equipment includes sink, One 30-Liter Refrigerator and one 750 W Microwave Oven.
Sleeping cabins are to contain 2 sets of bunks. Berths to have solid bases with minimum 100mm upholstered squab/mattress – minimum clear height above mattress of 550mm. Bunks shall be constructed using FRP sandwich laminates of suitable strength and be securely taped/bonded into the surrounding hull structure/hull shel.
The vessel is designed to be installed with two Scania DI16 077M high speed marine diesel engines produced by Swedish SCANIA to offer a max. service time of 2000h/year, rated among the ‘Patrol Caft Long’ range of Scania brand engines to be intended for intermittent use where rated power is available for the duration of 1hour/6hours period and the engine must be reduced 10% from max. obtained RPM between full-loaded operations.
The following drive train components will be supplied and installed:
• 2x Hamilton HJ364 Water jet—Blue Arrow is recommended control system. Jets to be driven directly by main engine without reduction reversible gearboxes.
A detailed specification is available for named prospects.
The details of all vessels are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Any buyer should instruct their agents, or their surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to sale, price change, location or withdrawal without notice.
Please login using your existing account
When you've finished you'll have the option to create a password which will allow you to save your details and make your future purchases even faster.