Ex RNAS Fleet Tender ELKSTONE was built in 1970 in Cook’s Boatyard at Wivenhoe, Essex for the British Royal Navy to Lloyds A1
She has had an extensive renovation over the last four years and is now ready for new owners. She is prepared as a ‘blank canvas’ which allows her either to return to work as a survey, research, guard, cargo, dive or similar vessel or to be enjoyed purely as a pleasure craft. She retains three original holds, one large for general cargo, one medium with storage space (currently having 3x fuel IBCs installed) and one smaller hold forward with storage space, harbour generator (Lister-Petter AD1), and access to the chain locker. Her engine is a four-cylinder Lister Blackstone Diesel ERS4. She measures 23.1m by 6.8m beam and draws 2.2m at the stern. Her accommodation is original comprising a lobby accessed by main door port side leading to heads with shower/bath and lavatory port side and Captain’s Cabin with washbasin, large wardrobes and charcoal burner starboard. The main hold, engine room, wheelhouse and Galley/Saloon are also accessed from this lobby. The Galley is equipped with a stainless-steel 6-burner propane gas oven, double-bowl single-drainer stainless sink, fridge and adequate storage units. A Refleks diesel heater is centrally-placed to heat the adjoining Saloon which has seating on all sides and a swivel dining table.’
We also have a box of paperwork pertaining to the boat which I have sorted and consider the following to be the most relevant even though it is mostly historic:
SUMMARY OF DOCUMENTATION for ex RNAS FLEET TENDER ‘ELKSTONE’
1) Trim and Stability Information Booklet based on inclination experiment carried out 15/5/85, Lloyds Register of Shipping ICD/Loadline and Stability (50pp)
2) Untrasonic Gauging Survey at Penzance 14 - 15/4/93 by Metal Surgery (NDT) Services Ltd., Penryn, Cornwall, diagrammatically illustrated (9pp).
3) MOD Material Division (confidential) Report of Trials of Machinery at Sea, 29/9/70 (Internal Combustion Propelling Machinery for Surface Vessels).
4) Report of Survey - Surface Ships Refit by N.Holman & Sons Ltd.,Penzance April/May start date 1993. Part I - Report of Structure, W/T Doors, Hatches, etc., Hull plating and Appendages. Part II - Reports of Air/Water test of Tanks and Compartments (115 pp). Lloyds Register stamped (Bristol).
5) Biennial Inspection Report of Marine Service Vessels at Devonport, 16/7/93 (13pp).
6) Certificate or Analysis of Freshwater Tanks (main & header) by South West Water, Exeter Laboratory. Mashford Brothers,Torpoint (NAMAS Testing) reporting 19/4/95.
7) Kidde Thorn Fire Protection Ltd., Falmouth Marine Certificate 16/10/95. Examination and test of all fire protection equipment.
a AFA-MINERVA Technical Information Manual,1984 (82pp) (Fire Equipment).
8) N.Holman & Sons Ltd. Certificates for:
a) General Purpose Davit s/s forecastle deck surveyed satisfactory 21/5/93.
b) Firemain tested satisfactory 21/5/93.
9) Lloyds Register of Shipping Certificate for Sterngear (sterntube, shaft and propeller) 10/1/70.
10) Lloyds Register of Shipping Record of Inspection of all safety equipment 7/8/96.
11) Certificate of Safety - Structural Strength by Marine Engineering Superintendent, Devonport 24/1/95, valid until 30/7/97.
12) Certificates for eye plates, lifting beam, general purpose davit and towing hook (slip test), tested to British Standards by Austin & McLean (Bournemouth) Ltd. and Marine and Lifting Services Ltd. (Plymouth).
13) Survey of anchors, chain, cables and associated gear, steel wire ropes, guard wires and fittings, etc. by Holman & Sons, Penzance April/May 1993.
14) Mirrlees Blackstone (Stamford) Ltd. Manuals:
a) Service Manual for Blackstone ‘E’ Mark II 4,6 & 8 Cylinder Vertical Industrial and Marine Diesel Engines, May 1979.
b) Instruction Manual as above, August 1971.
c) Parts List as above, September 1971. (Comprehensive, Illustrated).
19) Wallet of original James W. Cook technical drawings for main electrical systems, switchboards, alarm systems and distribution boards.
20) Various other certificates and documents plus a considerable number of receipts for materials, parts and equipment purchased during the 4-year refurbishment carried out by present owners.
The details of all vessels are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Any buyer should instruct their agents, or their surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to sale, price change, location or withdrawal without notice.
Please confirm you want to remove all the items in your cart.
Please Login or Order as a New Customer
Please login using your existing account
When you've finished you'll have the option to create a password which will allow you to save your details and make your future purchases even faster.
Confirm Log Out
Are you sure you want to log out of the site?
Thank you for your message, we will be in touch shortly.