NEW BUILD - 3800 DWT Geared Multipurpose Cargo Vessel
| || |
|DESCRIPTION:||NEW BUILD - 3800 DWT Geared Multipurpose Cargo Vessel|
|DATE LAUNCHED:||Built to order, 20 months delivery after signing contracts.|
|DRAFT:||6m (19ft 8in)|
|LOCATION:||Ex shipyard, Bangladesh|
Please scroll down to view more photos
Length o.a. abt. 88.40 m
Length b.p.p. 80.30 m
Breadth moulded 15.00 m
Depth to main deck 7.50 m
Maximum draught summer . 6.00 m
Corresponding deadweight in abt. 3800 ton
Seawater (excl. grain bulkheads)
Deadweight and Lightship weight
Deadweight will consist of cargo, fuel oil, lubricating oil, fresh water, consumable stores, ship’s complement and effects.
Lightship weight will consist of hull, machinery and electrical weight including all equipment and fittings required by the rules and the specification.
The lightship weight will be ascertained by an inclining experiment (or deadweight check for the third and following identical vessels).
Removable cargo bulkhead, however, not included in lightship weight.
The cargo hold will have a total grain (bale) capacity of about 5270m3 (4907 m3).
Fuel oil abt. 160 m3
Ballast water abt. 1600 m3
Potable water abt. 60 m3 (divided into two tanks)
Lubrication oil abt. 6,7 m3
No dual purpose tanks will be applied.
Accommodation quarters to be arranged for a total of 6 persons.
The speed under trial conditions with an engine flywheel output of 2600 bhp will be 12.0 knots without PTO. Trial conditions: unlimited water depth, clean hull and propeller, smooth sea Bft 2-3.
The vessel will be arranged with transom stern, poop, one deck, fore castle, raked stem.
The vessel will have the following compartments:
- Fore peak/bow thrusters room
- HFO tank
- Cargo holds (forward, midship & aft)/Double Bottom/Wing tanks.
- Engine room
- Aft peak/FW Tanks.
Wing tanks and double bottom in cargo area, fore peak, deep tank and aft peak will be suitable for water ballast. Double bottom and side tanks in engine room to serve as storage and other tanks. Fresh water tanks will be arranged in engine room area.
The navigation bridge on top of poop deck/superstructure.
In aft ship a dry provision store, steering gear room, laundry/changing room, deck store, galley, mess room and living quarters above engine room.
In fore castle a paint store and a boatswain store/fore castle space.
Emergency generator room on aft ship.
Nautical, Electronic and Signalling Equipment
Nautical and Electronic Equipment
Trade charge of 100.000,00 Euro incl. installation and commissioning is included in the contract price.
For nautical and electronic equipment following is included:
- One (1) sea radar with 6 ft scanner
- One (1) river radar with 7 ft scanner
- One (1) MF/HF SSB radio installation 150W
- Two (2) VHF with DSC
- One (1) Satcom Inmarsat C with Ship Security Alert System (SSAS)
- One (1) navigational echo-sounder
- One (1) EM speed log
- One (1) DGPS navigator
- One (1) Navtex receiver
- One (1) EPIRB
- Two (2) radar transponders
- Three (3) handheld portable VHF with charger
- One (1) gyro compass with optional bridge wing repeaters
- One (1) sea/river autopilot with rate of turn indicator
- One (1) magnetic compass, with reflector tube
- One (1) digital gyro repeater for steering gear room
- One (1) GSM cellular phone
- One (1) AIS
Necessary chargers, batteries, rectifiers, antennas and special cables.
As per regulations of the authorities, two automatic inflatable rafts of 8 persons capacity each will be installed as per General Arrangement Plan. Craddles will be provided with release gears.
One inflatable rescue boat of semi rigid type (pick-up boat) will be supplied and fitted on a craddle.
Rescue boat with outboard gasoline engine of about 10 kW with hand start.
Capacity 6 persons.
One (1) off single arm slewing davit type will be installed suitable for handling rescue boat with a load of 700 kg. Slewing is by hand, turning max 350
Davit to be installed according to the requirements of Authorities.
Fire fighting/Safety Equipment
The fire fighting equipment consists of:
- FM200 system for the engine room (acc. to SOLAS, Class and Authorities);
- portable extinguishers;
- hoses with spray nozzles and Storz keys;
- international shore connection; fireman´s suit with air breathing apparatus;
The safety equipment consists of:
- line throwing apparatus, rockets, life saving jackets etc;
- medical chest, stretcher;
- medical oxygen;
- survival suits;
- escape sets EBD;
MACHINERY AND HULLPIPING
The vessel will be arranged for single screw propulsion with diesel propelled machinery.
The main engine will be designed to use gas oil DMA and all remaining consumers will be designed to use gas oil DMA.
Design condition for machinery based on an air temperature in the engine room of 45
Engine room equipment will be controlled locally and remote from the wheelhouse as required by Class and other authorities.
Particulars of Main Engine
During test running the maximum continuous output of the main engine is measured at the coupling flange and will be performed when using GO. Test will be performed by engine maker
Maximum Continuous Rating 2600 bhp
Fuel Gas oil DMA
Design clockwise, when facing flywheel
Revolutions 700 – 1000 r.p.m.
- Injection pumps
- Duplex filter with pressure indication
- Double high pressure fuel piping
- Engine driven booster pump
Lubricating oil system
- Duplex filter with pressure indication
- Engine driven pump, gear type
- Oil cooler (freshwater cooled)
- Oil dry sump
- Standby pump, electric driven with pre filter
- Back flush filter or centrifugal filter
Cooling water system
- One (1) Circuit cooling (LT + HT combined)
- Engine driven circulation pump
- Temperature control valves
Starting air system
- Main starting valve
- Starting air valve on each cylinder or air starting
- Two starting air receivers (each 125 L)
Supercharging and exhaust system
- Turbo charger
- Charge air cooler
- Air intake filter
- Exhaust expansion joint
- Silencer 35 DBA
Control and monitoring system
- Lubricating oil pressure gauge and temperature gauge engine mounted
- Fresh water cooling pressure gauge and temperature gauge engine mounted
- Starting air pressure gauge engine mounted
- Charging air pressure gauge engine mounted
- Engine revolution indicator engine mounted
- Turbocharger revolution indicator engine mounted
- Electric emergency shut down
- Alarm switches
- Exhaust gas thermo-couples for monitoring alarm plant
- Vibration damper when required
- Flywheel including fastening bolts
- Set of standard tools
- Electric turning gear
- Set of recommended spares
- engine revolution indicator in wheelhouse
- turbo charger rpm indicator in wheelhouse
- bridge engine indicators cooling water temperature, lub oil pressure, starting air pressure
The engine will be mounted flexibly.